Monday, June 27, 2011

This is going to sound like a rant.....

....because it is lol. I know a lot of people are in abusive relationships. And I know that they say they have troubles getting out of it because they love the person or they are afraid of what they may do. And I TOTALLY understand that (please dont comment explaining how i am a bad person for that I am about to say).

This is MY view on the matter.  When it comes to abusive relationships most the time you only hear of the two people affected by it.  But the truth is there is MANY more people affected by the relationship.  I have a best friend who is in a abusive relationship. Also my fiance's sister is in one.  And what a lot of people fail to realize is the relationship affects all of the mothers, fathers, brothers, sister, and friends of the two people involved.  One because a loved one is being harmed....one way or another. And the other side because their loved on will be either arrest for abuse, put in jail for murder, or in some rare cases killed by the person they abuse...which hurts the first mentioned family also.


I think a lot of people don't realize that it hurts those who love them.  I know the two people I mention in abusive relationships don't realize it.  And when you tell them it does they don't believe you.  And if you try to help them stay away from the abuser they say you are running/ruining their life.


I believe if someone I loved came up to me and said "Hey! Brian is no good for you. He hurts you and seeing you hurt, hurts me. I am afraid you will end up in the hospital or even worse. DEAD." I would listen.  Take a good hard look at my relationship and see if I could see what they see.  Not just freak out and tell them to leave my house and never return.

This is just my opinion.  I needed to say what is on my mind because of the events that have happened the past couple of days. I didn't mean to offend anyone and if I did I am sorry -Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment